DATA PROTECTION & PRIVACY STATEMENT
This data protection & privacy statement seeks to explain how APacTrust Consulting Group (“APT”) collects and uses personal data and the rights you have regarding your personal data. In this statement, APT refers to companies within the APacTrust Consulting Group.
Personal data includes:
- date of birth;
- identity documents such as passport, driving licence, and national identity cards;
- tax identification numbers;
- proofs of address;
- bank account details;
- information about your personal financial and domestic situation so that profile assessment can be properly made, which may include information about your dependents; and
- other information that is considered necessary in connection with our provision of services, fiduciary duties and legal obligations.
Personal data is usually provided to us by you upon request but may be obtained by us from third parties and other sources such as databases and internet searches as well as from professional advisers such as lawyers, accountants, banks and financial advisers.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
In general, we may collect Personal Data through the following ways:
- Documents containing Personal Data submitted to us (e.g. application for services, proof of identity, proof of address, source of wealth, reference letter, resumes etc);
- Contacting us whether through email, fax, telephone, or writing;
- Access to our premises; and
- When Personal Data is provided to us for any other reason.
PURPOSE FOR THE COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL DATA
We collect and use personal data for various purposes including but not limited to the following:
- To comply with statutory regulations currently in force;
- To perform functions and processes relating to our services;
- To comply with our internal policies and procedures;
- For documentation and record keeping as required by law; and
- To conduct and complete transactions.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
Subject to the applicable laws, personal data in our possession may be provided to third-party organisations for the purposes as listed above.
The third-party organisations may be situated outside of the jurisdiction where the personal data is collected including:
- Our related group companies, where they are involved (either directly or indirectly) in the provision of the relevant services;
- (Financial Institutions, where we are required to assist in the opening of financial accounts in the course of the provision of our services;
- The sharing of your personal data with external service providers is to enable us to perform the relevant services;
- External service providers include Professional service provider such as Refinitiv;
- Any person to whom we are required to make disclosure to under the requirements of relevant laws applicable to us, or issued by any legal, regulatory, governmental, tax, law enforcement or other authorities, or self-regulatory or industry bodies or associations with which we are expected to comply;
- Any other party to whom we have been authorised to disclose the personal data to;
- To provide you with regulatory updates or notices where such updates or notices may be relevant to you or to our provision of the relevant services; and
- Unless you have instructed us otherwise, to send to you updates and information regarding products and services that we have to offer and which we think will be of interest to you.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
To obtain access to and/or make corrections to the personal data which is currently in our possession, please submit a request to us and we will make the necessary arrangements.
We will correct the personal data as soon as practicable and where we determine that it is required by applicable law to do so, we may forward the corrected data to every affected organisation to which such disclosure was made prior to such correction, unless we are reasonably certain that a correction is not necessary.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Maintaining confidentiality of personal data is of utmost importance to us. As part of efforts to safeguard personal data in our possession, we have reasonable security arrangements and policies in place to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal of personal data. We implemented confidentiality obligations to our employees under their terms of employment.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We retain personal data only for as long as the purposes for which such data is collected or used continues for business purposes and for compliance with legal requirements. We do not retain personal data longer than necessary after the original purpose(s) for which the personal data was collected ceases to be applicable, except as required by law or other mandatory government authorities or for purposes of legal proceedings.
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
You may withdraw your consent to the collection, use and/or disclosure of personal data by submitting a notice in writing to us. However, if consent relating to any or all use of personal data is withdrawn, we would not be in a position to continue the provision of our services to you. Despite the withdrawal, we are under legal requirement to retain your personal data for a period of time as stipulated in the relevant regulations.
PRIVACY ON OUR WEBSITE
This Policy applies to personal data collected via our website. “Cookies” may be used on some pages of our website.
“Cookies” are used by websites to improve the user’s navigational experience. Most web browsers are initially set up to accept “cookies”. However, you may choose to “not accept” cookies by changing the settings on your web browser. In most cases, you may refuse a “cookie” and still fully navigate our website although some functionality may be impaired. You may also delete the “cookie” from your system on termination of your visit to any website.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your personal data you have provided or wish to make a request for any or all purposes set out in this Policy, please contact:
Data Protection Officer APacTrust Consulting Group No. 10 Anson Road #03-05 International Plaza Singapore 079903 Email : email@example.com